Saturday, January 17, 2015

Lotro and ringtones, by the Fool

I often annoy myself. I do something and come away thinking what a bloody idiot I am.

Yesterday, I read on the LMB forums about making ringtones. It had never occurred to me to do this, so I thought, oooooo how cool, I'll do that.

So I grabbed the abc file of the LMB anthem, decided it needed to be sped up a touch, and then decided I wanted to correct the tuning of the instruments before doing anything as important as a ringtone. So I split it into separate files, one for each instrument, saved each as a wav and then put each track into Logic Pro.

I then prodded and tweaked the reverb, EQ, pitch correction, balance, volume, etc, etc. For, oh I don't know, maybe an hour or so. Sounded great. Oh yeah. Horn lead here, pipe twiddles there, nice tempo, good stereo balance. All those nice things.

Then I save it as a ringtone and put it on my iPhone. Whereupon I realised what I should have realised right at the very beginning. The iPhone speaker is the size of a bloody ant and gives the shittiest sound you can possibly imagine.

I had just wasted two hours of my life because I was too stupid to think ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment