Thursday, November 3, 2011

The Drunken Hobbit

My Fool is having a real blast, making music videos. He's never done anything like this before, and he's had to learn all about H.264 compression, and Premiere Pro, and video masking, and transitions and key frames, and blah blah blah blah blah. Isn't it extraordinary how playing an online game can lead to learning all sorts of new stuff? Even for old dogs like my Fool. Or he might be an old pig. Expert opinion is divided.

I think it's all completely trivial rubbish, and the only reason he's having so much fun is because his brain is small enough to be easily amused by such trivial things.

Anyway, his latest effort, The Drunken Hobbit, can be found on YouTube.  Of course, it wasn't all just him (although he tries to take all the credit). The nasty piper man did a huge amount of stuff, and even the bobbits and Ellasse helped out. The bobbits mostly by eating things, I think.

My Fool now has all these plans to make a video of Wrenaya's song (short and simple and with a lot of Rose throughout, of course), and then try to do a big dorf battle scene one, with lots and lots of dorfs, all in full battle array. Based on Khizli's Ballad, which is, in turn, based on the Walter Scott poem, Pibroch of Donuil Dhu. Very martial I must say. My Fool was hoping to get Gourgini involved, but his initial approach was a good deal short of promising. And that's putting it mildly. But maybe he can find a Dorf Kinship to help out. Initial thoughts of doing the Wyrmbane Forge as a video have foundered on the Rock of No Inspiration and Even Fewer Ideas.

My Fool hits that rock a lot. Go figure.

But enough about my Fool. More about me. I am now level 63, and powering through Mirkwood. I want that horse. I want that horse more than I want to visit Madame Celestine for a while, so I'm camping out in the damp woods until I'm finished. It's hard going, let me tell you.

Even the wargs start to look good after a while.

2 comments:

  1. I saw the video yesterday, and again you made an amazing job (all of you of course!).
    Thank you for this. I wait for the next one now.

    As for the horse, if you have enough patience, you can do 2 golden stars by day (3 if you are able to complete the solo instance Down to below).
    So 10 days in the worst case!

    I love those horses, be the black one or the grey-gold one. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beorbrand asserts your Fool cannot be a pig, because he does not squeal like one. Aegthil on the other hand, now that's a whole different ball of wax and other ugly junk, but it takes all types and variety is delightful. However, come to think of it, it IS the little pig that says 'wee, wee, wee, all the way home.'

    Wanting a horse more than a trip to Celestines?! Blasphemy. Beor says the wargs bite. Don't ask him why he knows. Easier to catch rabbits.

    ReplyDelete