Saturday, April 7, 2012

A musical challenge

My Fool is off on his travels again. I'm at Madame Celestine's of course. It's exhausting.

Just before he was left, he was presented with a very tricky musical challenge. Saffyre (or Saffire or Saffrye or Safire or Suphyyree or a name very similar to that as wot he can't remember it and isn't at home to look it up) sent him Aegthil-lyrics to this song. The implication being, of course, that he should write an abc to go with it.

Well, the lyrics are hilarious. Very funny indeed. And my Fool would dearly love to make me sing them in public, in front of my usual crowd of adoring fans.

The trouble is that the song is quintessentially not a Lotro-style song. That rhythmic rap style is exactly what the Lotro music doesn't do. At all. It's not just that it doesn't do it well, it just doesn't do it at all.

It's a bit of a quandary, really. But my Fool rather likes a challenge. He'll think about it.


4 comments:

  1. Ha - now this is something I really, really want to see! How could this song ever, even remotely, apply to Aegthil??? It boggles the mind!

    I'm scarred now that I've watched that video. My vistine, vunadulterated eyes! Thank Eru there is no /wiggle emote!

    BB

    ReplyDelete
  2. It strongly reminds me of Right Said Fred's first hit, and the original song still rocks despite being 20+ years old.
    http://youtu.be/39YUXIKrOFk

    Sarasti

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very glad to hear that Aegthil's Fool is going to take on the challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. AUGH MY EYES!!! What did you make me watch?!!
    I demand compensation for mental damage.
    Please think of the hobbit children! They're at eye level!!!

    ReplyDelete