Friday, September 14, 2012

Death of a kinmate, by the Fool

Last week, while I was away, the player of Shinarra died. Unexpectedly, at least to me, and certainly suddenly. One day she was here, the next she wasn't. She was, as I am, of the older generation of Lotro players, but as one gets older one realises, with stark clarity, that one is always too young to die.

Shinarra was a great favourite of mine. She was hilarious. Great company. She took on the role of Cute Elvish Chick with enthusiasm. She could be relied on to participate, to help, to be kind to others, to laugh at a stupid joke, to reply with a joke herself. She was a great dancer. She will be remembered for a long time for her contribution to the game, and to the lives of others. I will never forget her, beyond a doubt, and I will remember her with great fondness.

Estellost and Shinarra's real-life family have my deepest sympathy.

I am trying to write a song for Shinarra. Melodies, harmonies, musical structures, usually come easily to me. But not this time. The notes have failed me, and they find no patterns. They fall wrong, they clash, they squabble amongst themselves. Real sadness for a kinmate and a friend has interfered.

Maybe in time the music will come. Just not yet.


2 comments:

  1. Many sympathies for your loss and the families. May Shinarra have found the way to the Havens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep.

    I will add that she was always kind to me and willing to play the game with me even though this is my first MMO, and, well, you know that means I'm not the most skilled player.

    ReplyDelete